The Empowerment Center is a community partnership that serves men, women, and children. It is a location where we can offer multiple services to individuals and/or community partners. Consider a one-stop-shop for personal growth. At the Center we offer a small meeting space that provides a place where community partners can offer their services to community members.
RESERVE OUR SPACE
Please call (910) 663-9186 during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 3:00pm to reserve a meeting space. Meeting/activity requests will be reviewed and approved or denied by Safe Haven staff. Please be mindful of the above list of priority service areas.
Safe Haven will publicize all activities at the Empowerment Center via our website, Facebook page, and Center’s bulletin board. Other outreach is the responsibility of the organization.
An “Empowerment Center Room Usage” application must be completed and emailed to email@example.com. The application can be downloaded on our Downloads page. Decisions will be made on requests within 5 business days.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions we cannot offer our inside facilities to other organizations at this time. We will resume this option once restrictions have been lifted.
- Organizations must provide ALL services/activities FREE of charge.
- Organizations must set-up and clean-up meeting space. Failure to do so will result in space being unavailable for future use.
- There is no storage at the Empowerment Center for materials or property of other organizations.
- No food or drink is allowed, but water bottles are permitted.
- Please be courteous of the scheduled time frame, as the space may be reserved prior to and/or following your usage.
PO Box 657
Burgaw, NC 28425
In addition to offering a meeting space, The Empowerment Center will also offer various Empowerment and Personal Development groups and workshops each month.
Through partnerships with other service providers the Empowerment Center will offer:
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services
- Transitional Services
- Homeless Intervention Services
- Parenting Classes (Triple P Curriculum)
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Spanish Interpretation
- Empowerment Groups
- Mediation/Parent visitation
- Health/Wellness Training
- Court Advocacy (DV/SA)
- Legal Consultation
- Resource Assistance (Catholic Charities)
- Emotional Support
- Pastoral Counseling
- Financial Literacy
- Employability Training